As we look forward to a beautiful bank holiday please be aware that there is a high risk of wildfires on Dartmoor at the moment.
You can help prevent moorland fires by:
– Avoiding the use of portable barbeques or camping stoves
– Do not discard cigarettes, matches or lighters
– Be aware that glass bottles left on the ground can start a fire
– Take notice of any advisory or warning signs
– Follow directions from Dartmoor Rangers and the emergency services
If you spot a fire, no matter how small, please report it quickly to the fire service on 999 with the location, so that they can take action.