Our principal financial supporter and team partner for the foreseeable future is the fabulous local Hope Trail Festival. The principal event is an annual 24-hour endurance challenge, open to individuals or teams seeking to run as far as possible in 24 hours around a 5-mile course in the countryside outside Plympton. The increasingly popular event now attracts almost 1,000 participants from all over the country. In addition to this epic challenge, there is also family options of 2.4 miles or 2.4km, as well as a slightly less arduous 5 mile 1 / lap option.
DSRTP personnel will be on hand during the event, taking place in June every year, to offer support with marshalling on the course and car park, and to have team personnel available to assist should there be a serious issue relating to first aid requirement.
The Hope Trail Festival is a special event for many reasons. Located in Plympton on a private estate, the event provides a friendly atmosphere for runners to get together and challenge themselves to achieve their own targets.
With five different races to choose from, there is something for everyone. Our three main races are all based on a 5-mile trail course in this stunning estate, and are open to solo runners or teams of 2-8, over a 12, 24 or 36 hour period.
In addition, we also have two children’s races that take place on the morning of the Saturday and a single lap 5-mile version for those that find the thought of 24 hours to daunting.
- There are no category prizes offered, rather we prefer to give random prizes;
- Camping is part of the price and includes supporters and family;
- Everyone receives our special medal, technical t-shirt and often a little treat;
- On-site our runners have access to massage, food, drink, cake, toilets and drinking water;
- Parking is free and off-road;
- There are fundraising options, but this is down to you, we just provide incentives if you raise for our chosen charity, but we are happy for you to use this event to raise for any charity close to your hearts;
- We have one golden rule, ‘Live it, Love it, Run it’, this is our ethos and we run the event with a smile and support everyone.